Flat Mat Surface Loops were designed as a flexible and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional saw-cut or sub-surface Loops. Similarly to the EzyLoop, these electromagnetic vehicle detection loops are pre-formed and encapsulated in a protective mat so that they can be laid, in one single unit, directly onto concrete, asphalt or any other surface that the client requires.
Through eliminating the need to cut into the ground’s surface, Flat Mat Surface Loops remove the possibility of compromising structures such as post-tensioned concrete, furthermore, removing the polluting aspect of traditional saw-cutting slurry.
Flat Mat Surface Loops are designed to withstand the rigors of direct vehicle loading in access control situations. As a result they are ideal for the use in: car parks; security areas; toll booths; concrete surfaces; asphalt surfaces; and even temporary surfaces.
There are numerous benefits to the Flat Mat Surface Loops, these include:
- Eliminating the need to saw-cut into the new road surface.
- Complete flexibility with regards to shape and size to fit the clients’ requirements.
- Equal functionality yet reduced installation time to that offered by traditional saw-cut loops.
- A safe, non-evasive and environmentally friendly installation option.
- Flat Mat Surface Loops installation process is rapid in comparison with traditional saw-cut loops, taking only a fraction of the time.
- No negative effects on post-tensioning within concrete surfaces, which is especially beneficial for the age old car park loop issue.
- Flat Mat Surface Loops are designed to interact with hydraulic bollards/streetscapes for emergency access.
- An ideal option for traffic signal installations on pedestrianized streetscape areas as it does not affect the integrity of the specialised paved area.